
When Jay and I moved to New Mexico 2 years ago, I told him that before we move again, we have to go to the Grand Canyon at least once to visit. I've always been enthralled with the GC and the pictures I've seen of its immense beauty. Nothing could ever compare to the real thing! We arrived on a Sunday evening before sunset and it was cold enough to put Hailey in pajamas and sweat shirt (since I didn't think we'd need pants) and pull out the sweatshirts that I had thrown in our bags as an afterthought. This picture was taken the 2nd day we were there when we went back to the park to hike one of the trails.

The trail we hiked down was only about 3 miles long total going down and up but there was about 1,000 ft difference between the top and bottom...it didn't help that it was almost 90 degrees at our turnaround point. Hailey Grace loved being her pack and I carried her on the way down stopping several times to take pictures and enjoy the Lord's beauty, and Jay had the awesome pleasure of carring her on the way up! It was a great hike but we were spent at the end. This picture of Jay was 1/2 way down the trail at a lookout point.

At the bottom we took a break and let Hailey run around. We'll definitely go back again when she's old enough to appreciate the beauty of the GC.

Family photo time!

On the way up, Hailey fell asleep...isn't she adorable!
No comments:
Post a Comment