
In July I packed up the fam and we headed off to a Fitness Conference that I wanted to attend. On our way, there were 2 places that I wanted to see that Jay of course had been to, but I had not...they were the Grand Canyon and the Hoover Dam. If you haven't been to the Hoover Dam it is a spectacular site to see. It was built in the early 1930's and to see the immensity of such a project is amazing! We arrived early and went on the 1st tour of the day since we knew it was going to be a scorching 112 degrees that day. They took us to the generator room to show us how the dam creates hydroelectricity and then we spent some time in the small museum they built.

Hailey liked the museum because it had places for her to climb (o:

Here Jay can't decide if he wants to be in Nevada or Arizona (o:

Look at this! And to think that it was completed 2 years ahead of schedule and under budget!
No comments:
Post a Comment